Discord is where you can make a home for your communities and friends. Where you can stay close and have fun over text, voice, and video chat. Whether you’re part of a school club, a gaming group, a worldwide art community, or just a handful of friends who want to spend time together, Discord makes it easy to talk every day, and hang out more often.
CREATE AN INVITE-ONLY PLACE
- Discord servers are organized into topic-based channels where you can collaborate, share, have meetings, or just talk to friends about your day without clogging up a group chat.
- Send a message directly to a friend or call them up with our voice chat feature
- Voice channels make hanging out easy. Got a free moment? Grab a seat in a voice channel so friends can see you’re around and pop in to talk without having to call. You can even watch videos together!
- Reliable tech for staying close with friends. Low-latency voice and video chat feels like you’re meeting in the same room.
- Easily talk with friends while gaming and steam roll the competition.
- Be a meme messenger with easy image sharing
STAY CLOSE WITH TEXT, VIDEO, AND VOICE CHAT
- Wave hello over video, watch friends stream their games, share stories over voice calls, or gather up and have a drawing session with screen share.
- Snap a photo and turn it into your own custom emojis and share them with friends.
- Share anything from funny videos and stories to your latest group photos, and pin your favorites to remember those moments later.
- Hang out in group channels or talk privately with direct messages
- Zoom through convos with friends using topic-specific channels!
FOR A FEW OR A FANDOM
- Custom moderation tools and permission levels can group up your friends or teams, organize meetings for your local book club, or bring together music fans from around the world.
- Create moderators, give special members access to private channels, and much more.
Discord is a free communication platform that connects people via servers. Originally for gaming, it’s now a chat and call tool for people looking to associate with others through any shared interest. The slick interface, cross-platform compatibility, and multiple privacy settings make it an ideal program for any group type.
Calls, chats, and moderators
Discord displays servers that you’re a member of on the left side of the screen. Each comes with guidelines that channel creators introduce through moderation tools to keep the communities wholesome and free of spammers.